The Professional and Scientific Council set its sights on seven strategic initiatives to pursue in 2018-19.
At a July meeting, council members in breakout groups brainstormed potential priorities, which were then grouped into categories by the council's executive committee and presented at the council's Aug. 2 meeting. The council, which sets priorities annually, will consider approving the list at its Sept. 6 meeting.
Possible action items suggested by councilors were forwarded to council committees and vice presidents for consideration but weren't publicly shared.
The strategic initiatives are:
- Advocating for competitive compensation
- Enhancing performance evaluations
- Improving professional development opportunities
- Supporting more training for supervisors
- Building on employee engagement efforts
- Highlighting value of P&S staff and their importance in shared governance
- Creating environments where workers feel valued, welcomed and included