Iowa State will offer two public forums in October to share information about the university’s coming reaccreditation visit from the Higher Learning Commission.
- Thursday, Oct. 8, 2:15-3 p.m., Hoover 1227
- Friday, Oct. 9, 9-9:45 a.m., Memorial Union Pioneer Room
Dave Holger, associate provost for academic programs and dean of the Graduate College; and Karen Zunkel, director of undergraduate programs and academic quality, will discuss the reaccreditation process and the criteria for reaccreditation, and highlight details of the Nov. 2-3 site visit.
Assurance argument posted online
As part of the reaccreditation process, Iowa State submits an assurance argument to demonstrate how the university is meeting the commission’s criteria for accreditation in five areas:
- Integrity: ethical and responsible conduct
- Teaching and learning: Quality, resources and support
- Teaching and learning: Evaluation and improvement
- Resources, planning and institutional effectiveness
Students, faculty, staff and the general public may access the assurance argument online.
For more information on the Higher Learning Commission site visit and assurance argument, contact Zunkel, 294-7063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accreditation continued, Nov. 3, 2006