Editor's note: Iowa State University no longer uses Aastra telephone products. Information about current phone hardware is in IT portal's voice and conferencing services.
Your web-based phone portal gives you access to many advanced features on your new Aastra phone. You can send an audio copy of your voice mail to email. You can see if your often-called colleagues are on the phone. And if your phone isn't displaying your name correctly, you can fix it.
This week's tips
- Send audio copy of voice mail to email
- See the status (busy or idle) for selected phone extensions
- Forward calls to another number
- Change your name display
Aastra 6737i or Aastra 6739i
Many of the phone features you'll see in the portal haven't been activated yet, because phone techs are putting their energies into phone installation. However, these features will be steadily added to your phone options in the coming months.
Set up your portal
You'll need to set up your phone portal before accessing its features. Here's how:
- Find the default password provided by your voice/data coordinator when you received your new phone
- Go to: phone.iastate.edu
- Enter your user ID, which starts with your 10-digit ISU phone number and ends with "@voice.iastate.edu." Your user name will look something like this: 515294XXXX@voice.iastate.edu
- Enter the default password
- Change the default password to your personal password. Your password must have 6-60 characters including one number, one uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and one non-alphanumeric symbol. You can't use your login ID, a previous password or a previous password in reverse
- Your portal is ready for action when you see the profile page
Occasionally, you may get a "Clearspan server unavailable" message when trying to log in to the portal. Despite the message, it's quite likely that the server is available, but that lengthy user ID or password is incorrect. Try again and if you're on your fifth try, take extra care. Five incorrect attempts locks you out, at which point you'll need to call the Solution Center, 4-4000, for a password change.