The national hunt for a chief diversity officer began recently with President Steven Leath's appointment of a search committee, led by dean of students Pamela Anthony.
The committee's first task will be to hire a search firm and develop a position description for the chief diversity officer, Anthony said.
"As the search continues, we'll keep the university community informed and seek its assistance in building a strong list of nominees and eventually meeting and evaluating finalists," she said.
In 2013, Leath commissioned The Jackson Consulting Firm, Madison, Wisconsin, to conduct a comprehensive study of Iowa State's diversity programs and initiatives. Among the firm's recommendations was creating a chief diversity officer position.
- Pamela Anthony, dean of students (chair)
- Keith Bystrom, university counsel
- Kristen Constant, College of Engineering
- James Dorsett, international students and scholars
- David Harris, athletics
- Himar Hernandez, extension and outreach
- Robin Kelley, equal opportunity
- Emma Molls, library
- Julie Nuter, university human resources
- Calli Sanders, athletics
- Jonathan Webb, world languages and cultures/student disability resources