A response to proposed changes to four personnel policies was introduced at the Professional and Scientific Council's Sept. 12 meeting. The draft changes -- including one replacement policy and proposed revisions to three others -- are part of policies that apply to P&S staff. The proposed changes are available for public review and comment in the policy library through Sept. 30.
The four policies are:
- Workforce reorganization: Guidelines for position eliminations, realignments or allocations due to unit restructuring (replaces the "Dismissal, Reorganization or Financial Conditions" policy)
- Summary dismissal: Procedures for termination, including reviews and appeals
- Reclassification: Guidelines for classification review and reclassification processes
- Dispute resolution: Steps for formal and informal dispute resolutions
"From a P&S Council perspective, we are recommending some different terminology, updates and clarifications to what's out there now," said Kris Koerner, chair of the policies and procedures committee, which drafted the council's response.
Council members will vote on the committee's recommendations -- primarily for the dispute resolution (PDF) and workforce reorganization (PDF) policies -- at the Oct. 3 meeting.
- Makenzie Heddens (program assistant, president's office) and Lynn Bagley (program assistant, Veterinary Medicine) were approved as replacement representatives for the president's office and academic affairs division, respectively.
- Council members closed their meeting working in six small groups on council priorities.