Honors and awards
Advancing One Community Awards recipients announced
Each January, Iowa State recognizes individuals and groups who have followed the principles established by Martin Luther King Jr. through the Advancing One Community Awards. Recipients of this award demonstrate a commitment to King's principles and goals over a sustained period of time through nonviolent actions to create an inclusive multicultural community, and/or bring about systemic change aimed at reducing injustice and inequity at Iowa State. The 2014 Advancing One Community Awards recipients are:
- Student: Presha Kardile, senior
- Organization: Black Graduate Student Association
- Faculty/staff: Connie Hargrave, associate professor, School of Education
The award winners will be recognized at the Martin Luther King Jr. legacy convocation on Jan. 23 (3:30 p.m., MU Sun Room).
Ginder inducted into hall of fame
Roger Ginder, emeritus professor in economics, was inducted into the Nebraska Cooperative Council Hall of Fame. Ginder was instrumental in creating and delivering a model Director Certification Program for cooperative directors in Iowa and Nebraska. More than 1,540 cooperative directors from Nebraska have graduated from the DCP since its beginnings in 1978.
Fall 2013 CYtation Award winners
The following professional and scientific staff members are recipients of the 2013 fall CYtation Awards, which recognizes individuals who perform above and beyond the call of duty, do something extraordinarily well, or act in such a way as to make a very real difference in the institution:
- Dan Burden, program coordinator, Value Added Agriculture, ISU Extension and Outreach
- Jill Kramer, program coordinator, Dean of Students office
- Audrey Kennis, program coordinator, Design administration
- Erin Kalkwarf, research associate II, Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
- Jacqueline Comito, program manager, sociology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Joseph Campos, program coordinator, Dean of Students office
- Denise Timberland, administrative specialist, records and registration
- Jane Todey, program manager, Partnerships in Prevention Science Institute
The team award went to the The Resource Hub (chaired by William Rickard). Winners of the 2013 spring and fall awards will be recognized during a March 5 ceremony (8:30-9:30 a.m., MU Campanile Room.