VP for university services search committee named
A nine-member committee will lead the national search for Iowa State's first senior vice president for university services. The new post is part of President Steven Leath's reorganization of the university's business and financial operations.
The committee includes:
- Lisa Eslinger, senior vice president of business and operations for the ISU Foundation
- David Spalding, dean of the College of Business
- Veronica Dark, professor of psychology and past president of Faculty Senate
- Pete Englin, director of the department of residence
- Chris Jorgensen, senior associate director of athletics
- Reginald Stewart, vice president for diversity and inclusion
- Tera Lawson, program coordinator in the Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching and president of the Professional and Scientific Council
- Sarah Nusser, vice president for research and professor of statistics
- Julie Nuter, vice president for university human resources
Spalding noted that student leaders were invited to serve on the committee, but declined due to busy end-of-semester activities.
"We will work to have student leaders meet with finalists when they are on campus," he said.
The search timeline is abbreviated, with a goal of bringing finalists to campus for visits in early May and bringing a new SVP on board by July 1.
- Leath to reorganize business, financial operations, March 24, 2016