Send voice mail to email
Aastra 6737i and Aastra 6739i
You can automatically send audio copies of your voice mails to email with a tweak in your portal account.
- If you haven't done so, set up your portal
- Sign in at the portal site, phone.iastate.edu
- In left navigation, click "messaging"
- Click "voice management"
- Under the "additionally" section, check "email a carbon copy of the message to" and insert your email address in the blank
- Caution: Don't use the "when a message arrives" section to forward your voice mail unless you want all voice messages to completely bypass your voice mail box and go only to email
- Press "apply" or "OK" button
If you had "voice to email" on your old phone
If your old phone was set up with Integrated Messaging/Audix through Outlook, you will need to go into Outlook to cancel this option:
- Open Outlook 2010
- Click "file"
- Click "account settings", then choose "account settings" from the dropdown menu
- Double click on an account that has POP/SMTP for the type
If this account has an incoming mail server of int1.tele.iastate.edu, it is the one to remove. Click "cancel" to return to the previous screen and then select this account and click remove. If it has a different mail server, click "cancel" to return to the previous screen and then repeat step 4