Set up speed dial
- To enter a name, press any blank softkey (it won't have a label)
- In the first text box, type a name or label. Use the phone keypad to type, just as if you were creating a text message. To delete something, hit the "backspace" softkey; the space is under the * key.
- Tap ▼ to go to the next text box and enter the phone number. You can enter the last 5 digits for campus phones (4XXXX); include area code for off-campus numbers (515XXXXXXX).
- Hit "save" and then, the "OK" softkeys
- Repeat steps above to add more entries
To speed dial:
- Click the softkey beside the name
- You may need to press "more" to see all the names on your list
To edit a speed dial key:
- Press "options" key, then scroll to "preferences" and press ▶ to select
- Scroll to the "speed dial edit" option and press ▶ to select
- All programmable speed lamps will flash; press the softkey of the entry to be edited
- Select the "name" or "number" text boxes and edit as desired
- Press the "OK" softkey
- To create a speed dial, press the "options" button and then the "softkeys" softkey
- Scroll to the "speed dial" softkey and press
Inside the speed dial form:
- Press inside the "label" text box and use the keyboard to type a name
- Press inside the "value" text box and type phone number ( no hyphens, parentheses or spaces); You can enter the last five digits for campus phones (4XXXX); include area code for off-campus numbers (515XXXXXXX).
- Press "save" softkey and "goodbye" key
To speed dial:
- Find the appropriate softkey; you may need to press the "more" softkey (key with two dots)
- Press the softkey to make the call
- Press the "options" button
- Press the "softkeys" softkey
- Scroll to the appropriate entry and press that softkey
- Make edits and press "save"
- To delete entry, you'll need to delete contents of both text boxes and press "save"
Keys and softkeys
Keys are the permanently labeled buttons on your phone. Examples: "goodbye," "options" and "hold" keys.
Softkeys show up on your screen and change, depending on your task or settings. On the Aastra 6737i, you invoke a softkey by pressing the black button adjacent to its screen. The Aastra 6739i has a touchscreen, so you simply press the softkey.