A special ring for certain callers
Aastra 6737i and Aastra 6739i
The priority alert option allows you to assign a special ring to some callers -- for example, all external callers or certain colleagues or family members. Your phone only has one special ring. It's a subtle variation of whatever ringtone you've selected, but the cadence is two quick rings in the place of a longer, single ring.
- If you haven't done so, set up your portal
- Go to phone.iastate.edu and sign in
- In the left navigation, click "incoming calls"
- Under the "advanced" column, click "priority alert"
- Click the "add" button to set up alerts
- Click "OK"