Set up up your portal
Aastra 6737i and Aastra 6739i
Your web-based phone portal gives you access to many advanced features on your new Aastra phone. You can send an audio copy of your voice mail to email. You can see if your often-called colleagues are on the phone. And if your phone isn't displaying your name correctly, you can fix it.
Many of the phone features you'll see in the portal haven't been activated yet, because phone techs are putting their energies into phone installation. However, these features will be steadily added to your phone options in the coming months.
Set up your portal
You'll need to set up your phone portal before accessing its features. Here's how:
- Find your default passcode. It's available through your ISU voice/data coordinator or AccessPlus (go to "employee" tab, then "telephone services"
- Go to: phone.iastate.edu
- Enter your user ID, which starts with your 10-digit ISU phone number and ends with "@voice.iastate.edu." Your user name will look something like this: 515294XXXX@voice.iastate.edu
- Enter the default password
- Change the default password to your personal password. Your password must have 6-60 characters including one number, one uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and one non-alphanumeric symbol. You can't use your login ID, a previous password or a previous password in reverse
- Your portal is ready for action when you see the profile page
Occasionally, you may get a "Clearspan server unavailable" message when trying to log in to the portal. Despite the message, it's quite likely that the server is available, but that lengthy user ID or password is incorrect. Try again and if you're on your fifth try, take extra care. Five incorrect attempts locks you out, at which point you'll need to call the Solution Center, 4-4000, for a password change.
Keys and softkeys
Keys are the permanently labeled buttons on your phone. Examples: "goodbye," "options" and "hold" keys.
Softkeys show up on your screen and change, depending on your task or settings. On the Aastra 6737i, you invoke a softkey by pressing the black button adjacent to its screen. The Aastra 6739i has a touchscreen, so you simply press the softkey.