"Crazy Rich Asians," which has grossed more than $200 million worldwide since its August release, will kick off the Student Union Board’s spring film series Jan. 17.
The film is one of 14 that will be shown during the spring Cyclone Cinema, which also includes Golden Globe winner for best musical or comedy "Green Book." Each week — with the exception of spring break and a shorter run the week before — brings a new film. Showings run Thursday through Sunday in Carver Hall auditorium at 7 and 10 p.m. Admission is free and the public is welcome. Pop and water are available for $1, while candy and popcorn are $2.
Sunday showings are open caption. All other screenings are available with that option if the request is made to staff prior to the start of the film.
Cyclone Cinema 2019 spring series
- Jan. 17-20, "Crazy Rich Asians," rated PG-13, starring Constance Wu, Henry Golding and Michelle Yeoh
- Jan. 24-27, "First Man," PG-13, Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy and Jason Clarke
- Jan. 31-Feb. 3, "Green Book," PG-13, Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali and Linda Cardellini
- Feb. 7-10, "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald," PG-13, Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston and Dan Fogler
- Feb. 14-17, "Creed II," PG-13, Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Tessa Thompson
- Feb. 21-24, "A Star is Born," R, Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper, Sam Elliott
- Feb. 28-March 3, "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" (animated), PG, voices of Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Hailee Steinfeld
- March 7-10, "Aquaman," PG-13, Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe
- March 14-15, "Mary Poppins Returns," PG, Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw
- March 28-31, "On the Basis of Sex," PG-13, Felicity Jones, Armie Hammer, Justin Theroux
- April 4-7, "Holmes and Watson," PG-13, Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Ralph Fiennes
- April 11-14, "Vice," R, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Steve Carell
- April 18-21, "The Upside," PG-13, Nicole Kidman, Kevin Hart, Bryan Cranston
- April 25-28, "Glass," PG-13, Sarah Paulson, Anya Taylor-Joy, James McAvoy