Weeklong events celebrate fashion
Donate professional attire for the Dress for Success organization through April 18 at three locations:
- 0031 MacKay Hall
- 1071A LeBaron Hall
- E104 Lagomarcino Hall
A week of activity is underway, leading up to The Fashion Show, which hits the runway at Stephens Auditorium on Saturday, April 14 (7 p.m.). The student-led production, now in its 36th year, is based in the apparel, events and hospitality management department.
Clothing items designed by students from any major will be featured on the runway and in exhibits at the show, this year with a "Resilience" theme. A panel of judges evaluated and selected more than 125 items for the juried competition. Scholarships are awarded in multiple categories and to the Best in Show winner.
Tickets to The Fashion Show are $15 to $30, available at the Stephens ticket office or through Ticketmaster. Seating remains available (primarily in the balconies), but expected to be limited by showtime. The show also will be livestreamed.
Some of the winning garments will be on display April 25-July 27 in the Textiles and Clothing Museum's Mary Alice Gallery, open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free.
Events are free unless indicated.
Thursday, April 12
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Patagonia Worn Wear Tour, bring clean damaged clothing for repair (Memorial Union west driveway)
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Takeover Tuesday, info booth with live music, raffle and T-shirt sales (central campus, or LeBaron Hall lobby if rain)
Friday, April 13
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Pop-up shop, info booth with clothing swap, food and T-shirt sales (Parks Library lawn)
- 7-9 p.m., Fashion Week Night Out, live music and reception with guest designers from Patagonia (Garden Room, Gateway Hotel)
Saturday, April 14
- 7 p.m., The Fashion Show, student-designed garments, with guest designers from the Patagonia Company (Stephens Auditorium), $15-$30