Iowa State has launched the search for the endowed dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and director of the Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station. The process will begin with the nomination of high-quality candidates, followed by a review of applications and interviews of semifinal and final candidates. The Buffkin/Baker search firm, Nashville, Tennessee, will assist the search committee throughout the process.
The next dean will succeed Wendy Wintersteen, who became the university's 16th president in November. Senior associate dean Joe Colletti is serving in both interim roles until the search process concludes.
"This important and high-profile appointment is critical not only for the success of the university, but also for Iowa's agriculture and biosciences economy," said senior vice president and provost Jonathan Wickert. "We expect to recruit a leader who will continue to grow the college and build upon the accomplishments of President Wintersteen during the last 11 years."
Nominations of qualified candidates are encouraged. Names and information may be sent to search committee co-chairs, David Spalding, Raisbeck endowed dean of the Ivy College of Business, or Guru Rao, associate vice president for research, at any time. Joining them on the search committee are:
- Gwyn Beattie, plant pathology and microbiology department
- Jamie Benning, Extension water quality program
- Steve Berger, Practical Farmers of Iowa
- Theressa Cooper, agricultural education and studies department and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences administration
- Doug Gronau, Leopold Center Advisory Board
- Virginia Hanson, agricultural education and studies department
- Gregg Hora, Iowa Pork Producers Association
- Steve Johnson, Extension, farm management field specialist for region 6
- Cathy Kling, economics department and Center for Agricultural and Rural Development administration
- Edan Lambert (undergraduate student), animal science department
- Ajay Nair, horticulture department
- Dan Nettleton, statistics department
- Mark Recker, Iowa Corn Growers Association
- Skyler Rinker (graduate student), agricultural education and studies department
- Max Rothschild, animal science department
- Beate Schmittmann, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences administration
- Suzanne Shirbroun, Iowa Soybean Association
- Blair Van Zetten, Oskaloosa Food Products Corp.