Look for more information about benefits changes and the ISU Plan open enrollment in the Oct. 26 edition of Inside Iowa State.
This year's ISU Plan open enrollment period -- Nov. 1 (9 a.m.) through Nov. 17 (5 p.m.) -- marks the first time Iowa State's merit employees will participate in the plan, previously offered only to the university's faculty, professional and scientific (P&S) employees, and supervisory/confidential merit staff. The change came about last February when the state Legislature and former Gov. Terry Branstad approved changes to the Iowa Code that governs collective bargaining. Merit employees were notified of the changes in June.
University human resources (UHR) is holding meetings in departments across campus through October to provide both merit and current ISU Plan members information about group insurance benefits, including the medical, dental and pharmaceutical plans. Contact your department's human resources liaison to find out if a meeting has been scheduled for your unit.
Webcasts are Nov. 3
UHR will hold a series of webcasts on Nov. 3 to share general information about ISU Plan benefits. Intended audiences and times are:
- Pre/Postdoctoral associates (9-10 a.m.)
- Merit (10:30 a.m.-noon)
- Faculty, P&S and supervisory/confidential merit (1:30-3 p.m.)
UHR will hold come-and-go help sessions throughout the enrollment period to assist merit staff with completing their ISU Plan forms. Employees should bring the following to a session:
- AccessPlus login information
- Name, date of birth and social security number for all dependents being insured
- Name of primary care physician and obstetrician-gynecologist (optional) for those enrolling in the Blue Advantage (HMO) plan
Meeting locations, dates and times are:
2420A Friley Residence Hall*
- Nov. 2 (9-10:50 a.m.)
- Nov. 3 (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Nov. 10 (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 13 (2:30-4 p.m.)
* Enter Friley through the first set of double doors on the northwest side of the building, across from Union Drive Community Center. Inside, turn right and go past the hall desk. Room 2420A is located on the right.
1117 Gerdin Business Building
- Nov. 6 (4:30-6 p.m.)
- Nov. 13 (4:30-6 p.m.)
64 Heady Hall
- Nov. 7 (3-4 p.m.)
- Nov. 10 (8:30-10:30 a.m.)
- Nov. 14 (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Nov. 16 (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Changes to merit employment system take effect July 1, June 1, 2017
- Merit employees will be phased in to ISU (benefits) Plan, June 1, 2017