The Iowa State football team will face Texas on Thursday, Sept. 28, for an ESPN national broadcast. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. Most stadium-area parking lots, including all Cyclone Club donor lots, will open to fans at 1 p.m. Thursday.
Take a look
It's a regular class and work day, so parking adjustments are planned. Here's what you need to know:
Long-term student parking
Students who usually park at Jack Trice Stadium (S lots) during the week will be asked to move their cars between noon and 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 27. They will be directed to Lot G8, south of South 16th Street near the College of Veterinary Medicine, with overflow parking in lots G4 and G5. Their cars may remain in the alternative lots until Monday morning, or they may return their cars to the stadium lots by 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 29.
Commuter lots at the center
Commuters (students and employees) who normally park in the Iowa State Center lots may park in any of these locations on Thursday:
- C1/B1/C2/B2 north of Center Drive near Hilton Coliseum – both paved lots and grass
- Grass area south of the Towers (Wallace and Wilson residence halls)
- Parking areas at Brookside Park
Traffic staff will be on hand to assist parkers.
Campus lots open at 3 p.m.
All campus general and reserved staff lots will be open to the public and commuters at 3 p.m. Thursday. ISU parking director Mark Miller advises faculty and staff to stay on campus for lunch and meetings that day if at all possible, or run the risk of losing their usual parking spots in the afternoon.
If you're going to the game (single game parking):
- (Grass) lots G-2, G-3, G-4 and G-5 will open at 1 p.m. Thursday
- College of Veterinary Medicine parking lots, including for campers and RVs, will open at 3 p.m. Thursday
- Availability in lots adjacent to Hilton Coliseum will be extremely limited
CyRide route information
- Student parking (Lot G8): Gray, Plum and Orange routes will service the area
- Hilton Coliseum (Lots B1/B2/C1/C2): Orange route will service this area until 3:30 pm. Gray route also will detour.
- Grassy area south of the Towers: Brown route services this area
Detour information will be available on the CyRide site next week.