More tips for completing the P&S job profile tool
University human resources leaders remind professional and scientific employees of the June 30 deadline to complete their Job Profile Tool (JPT), an early piece of a review of the current classification and compensation system.
P&S employees and their supervisors should have received an email on June 1 that contained instructions and a link to the JPT. Employees who think they didn't receive the email are encouraged to check their email junk folders. The email and JPT also are available on the classification and compensation review website.
Following are a few reminders about the process and purpose of the JPT:
- A JPT will not replace a current position description (PD)
- The JPT should take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete
- Employees who need help finding their PD in PeopleAdmin should follow this quick reference guide
- Information from the JPTs is being used to create new classifications, so employees' input is very important
- When employees send a completed JPT to their supervisors, they are asked to CC email@example.com
- If an employee is unable or chooses not to complete a JPT, UHR will use the required data from his or her current PD. UHR encourages employees to fill out their JPT because they can provide beneficial input that isn’t included in the current PD.
- Employees have a June 30 deadline to submit their completed JPTs to their supervisors. Supervisors have until July 14 to submit their comments.
- Supervisors are not able to edit the content of a JPT, merely add comments on the supervisor tab