Expect to see a row of tents north of Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, but these won't be used for tailgating. Instead, ISU student groups and organizations will be showcased prior to the spring football game.
In its third iteration, Cyclone Market was developed by the student government to give organizations an additional fundraising opportunity. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 16.
"We want an event that allows groups to fundraise for themselves and promote their organization," said Danielle Nygard, student government senator and chair of the Cyclone Market committee. "The groups want to show off what they've been doing and their purpose."
Nygard said 33 groups are participating this year, up from 23 last fall and 23 last spring. The move from central campus to the Iowa State Center parking lots was strategically planned to take advantage of football fans attending the Cyclones' spring football game.
"It's still new and we're finding what's best for us," Nygard said, adding that they plan to make it an annual event.
From music, to plant sales, to vehicle displays, to ethnic food and crafts, visitors can enjoy a wide variety of family-friendly activities, merchandise and entertainment. A list of participating student organizations is available on the Cyclone Market Facebook page.
Lots to do
In addition to the Cyclone Market, visitors can enjoy other activities prior to the spring football game at Jack Trice Stadium. Admission is free and parking is available in the Iowa State Center lots.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Sale, Cy's Locker Room merchandise, north of the Jacobson Athletics Building
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Equipment sale, new and used athletics equipment and apparel, Bergstrom Indoor Football Complex (early access for Cyclone and Gridiron club members)
- 10:30-11:30 a.m., Sukup End Zone Club tours, arrive at Gate 3 prior to 10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Cyclone Gridiron Club tailgate, appearances by head coach Matt Campbell and former players, open to the public, north of the Jacobson Athletics Building, $10 for adults, $5 for youth
- 11 a.m.-noon, Jr. Cyclone Club football clinic, Bergstrom Indoor Football Complex (register by noon Friday)
- Noon-2:30 p.m., Cyclone Experience, kids activities, Jacobson Plaza, stadium east concourse
The spring game kicks off at 1 p.m. Fans should enter through gates one and three and sit on the east side of the stadium.