A national search is underway to hire Iowa State's first senior vice president for university services. The new post is part of President Steven Leath's reorganization of the university's business and financial operations.
ISU Foundation senior vice president of finance and operations Lisa Eslinger and College of Business dean David Spalding are leading the search, which will be conducted on an ambitious timeline.
The goal is to bring finalists to campus for visits in early May and have a new SVP on board by July 1, when current senior vice president for business and finance Warren Madden retires.
The reorganization, announced by Leath last week, splits the large SVP for business and finance office into two divisions -- the division of university services and the division of finance. The senior VP for university services will oversee seven units: facilities planning and management, business services, environmental health and safety, public safety, Reiman Gardens, University Museums and WOI radio group.
The remaining units will report to the division of finance, led by Miles Lackey, who will retain his current post as the president's chief of staff and assume the new role of chief financial officer.
How to apply
Posting information and application instructions for the senior vice president for university services are available online. To guarantee consideration, applicants should apply by April 28. However, applications may be submitted until the position has been filled.
- Lisa Eslinger, senior vice president of business and operations for the ISU Foundation
- David Spalding, dean of the College of Business
- Veronica Dark, professor of psychology and past president of Faculty Senate
- Pete Englin, director of the department of residence
- Chris Jorgensen, senior associate director of athletics
- Reginald Stewart, vice president for diversity and inclusion
- Tera Lawson, program coordinator in the Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching and president of the Professional and Scientific Council
- Sarah Nusser, vice president for research and professor of statistics
- Julie Nuter, vice president for university human resources
Korn Ferry, an international executive search firm, will assist in the search.
- Leath to reorganize business, financial operations, March 24, 2016
- Cyclone nation ovation (Warren Madden), Feb. 4, 2016