A national search is underway to hire Iowa State's next senior vice president for student affairs. President Steven Leath has named a 16-member search committee that includes administrators, staff, faculty and students, as well as an Ames community member.
Leading the search committee are vice president for economic development and business engagement Mike Crum and senior associate athletics director David Harris. The committee is assisted by the Massachusetts-based executive search firm, The Spelman and Johnson Group, which has been involved in previous ISU administrative searches.
The senior VP for student affairs post is a professional and scientific position. More information about the responsibilities and applicant qualifications is available on the ISU Jobs site.
To be ensured consideration, applications should be submitted electronically by Nov. 2 on The Spelman and Johnson Group's current searches website. Nominations may be emailed to Mark Hall, email@example.com, or to Crum or Harris.
Crum said the search timeline places campus interviews for the finalists soon after the start of spring semester.
Search committee members
- Mike Crum, vice president for economic development and business engagement
- David Harris, senior associate athletics director
- Hamad Abbas, senior in political science
- David Acker, associate dean for academic and global programs, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Lee Cagley, professor and chair, interior design department
- Nancy Camarillo, coordinator for retention, multicultural student affairs office
- Pete Englin, director, residence department
- Susan Gwiasda, public relations officer, City of Ames
- Dave Holger, associate provost for academic programs and dean, Graduate College
- Roberta Johnson, director, student financial aid office
- Jessica Padilla, graduate student in the School of Education
- Joan Piscitello, university treasurer, treasurer's office
- Sam Schulte, senior in biochemistry
- Martha Selby, adjunct assistant professor, materials science and engineering department
- Ali Soltanshahi, manager, international students and scholars office
- Jerry Stewart, chief of university police, public safety department
Tammy Michel, program coordinator in the president's office, is assisting the search committee.
Last month, senior vice president for student affairs Tom Hill announced his plans to retire at the end of this calendar year. Hill has led the student affairs division since August 1997. He will continue to serve as a policy adviser to Leath on student experience issues and as Iowa State's representative on the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. His committee term runs through July 2016.