Iowa State is the host site for the Iowa Special Olympics Summer Games Thursday through Saturday, May 17-19. Numerous recreation facilities across campus will serve as sports venues, impacting roads and parking lots in several areas. Iowa State employees are asked to accommodate these temporary changes:
- Beach Road: Closed to through traffic from Lincoln Way to Wallace Road Thursday and Friday (8 a.m.-10 p.m. daily)
- South Fourth Street: Closed from Beach Avenue to just west of entrance to stadium parking lots on Thursday (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) for bike race events.
Parking lot changes:
- Iowa State Center lots, Thursday (12:01 a.m.-5 p.m.): All lots will be closed for bike race events. Commuter parking will move to the stadium parking lots for Thursday and Friday, and CyRide will be routed through lots S3-S8.
- Lot 3 (north side of Beyer Hall), Friday (all day): Open to Lot 3 24-hour Reserve, Special Olympics or handicap permit holders.
- Lots 57 and 100 (west and south sides of Lied Center), Thursday and Friday (all day): Open to Lot 57 Reserve or Special Olympics permit holders.
- Lot 50A (west side of Forker Building), Thursday and Friday (all day): Open to Special Olympics or handicap permit holders.
- Richardson Court residence area (all parking stalls), Thursday and Friday (all day): Open to Special Olympics or handicap permit holders.