The committee searching for the next provost is seeking nominations for the position.
“We hope many in the campus community will submit nominations,” said Wendy Wintersteen, dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, who chairs the committee. “We are proposing an aggressive timeline for the search, with the main focus in the coming weeks to identify excellent candidates for this important position. All suggestions, nominations and applications will be welcomed.”
The search committee, which was named by President Steven Leath last Friday, met for the first time on Monday, Feb. 27. The committee received its charge from the president and finalized the position announcement for senior vice president and provost — the new title for the position. The timeline discussed by the committee includes scheduling on-campus candidate interviews between April 18 and April 27.
Parker Executive Search, the Atlanta firm that assisted in ISU’s successful presidential search last fall and also the previous provost search in 2006, is helping the search committee with its recruiting efforts and will collect nominations. Submit nominations or applications by March 31 to:
Laurie Wilder, executive vice president and managing director
Ryan Crawford, principal
(770) 804-1996 ext. 110
Elizabeth Hoffman will continue to serve as executive vice president and provost until the end of 2012, unless she accepts another position or the new senior vice president and provost can begin sooner.
A provost search website is under development that will include updates and, eventually, candidate information.
Members of the 17-member search committee are:
- Sanjeev Agarwal, professor of marketing
- Daniel Burden, president, Professional and Scientific Council; and program coordinator, international and special projects, ISU Extension and Outreach Value-Added Agriculture Program
- Ann Marie Fiore, professor of apparel, events and hospitality management
- Nancy Franz, director, Extension to Families, and associate dean, College of Human Sciences
- Steven Freeman, president, Faculty Senate; professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering; and associate director, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- David Gregory, associate professor and associate dean, research and access administration, Parks Library
- Tahira Hira, executive assistant to the president and professor of personal finance and consumer economics
- Dakota Hoben, president, Government of the Student Body
- Alexander King, director, U.S. Department of Energy's Ames Laboratory
- Cory Kleinheksel, representative, Graduate and Professional Student Senate
- Kenneth Koehler, University Professor and department chair of statistics; and director, Statistical Laboratory
- Ingrid Lilligren, professor and director of integrated studio arts
- Catherine Logue, professor of veterinary microbiology and preventive medicine
- James Oliver, Larry and Pam Pithan Professorship in Mechanical Engineering; and director, Virtual Reality Applications Center
- Elisa Rizo, assistant professor of world languages and cultures
- Steven Rodermel, professor of genetics, development and cell biology
- Wendy Wintersteen (chair), Endowed Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences