Search is on for facilities director
A search committee has begun to review applications for the associate vice president post in facilities planning and management. Former associate VP David Miller retired from Iowa State in January.
Senior vice president for university services Kate Gregory appointed an eight-member search committee that is chaired by Paul Richmond, director of environmental health and safety, to conduct the search.
The committee has targeted the first week of May for on-campus interviews for a group of finalists. Those interviews will include sessions with stakeholder groups and an open forum with the campus community. Details about those visits will be provided in Inside Iowa State later this month.
Members of the search committee are:
- Chair: Paul Richmond, director, environmental health and safety
- Pam Cain, associate vice president, finance division
- Bob Currie, director of facilities services, facilities planning and management
- Kathleen Delate, professor of horticulture
- Pete Englin, assistant vice president for student affairs and director, residence department
- Arne Hallam, associate dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- John Joiner, director of public works, City of Ames
- Mary Wickham, associate dean, College of Engineering
Utilities services director Jeff Witt has been serving as interim associate vice president since Miller’s retirement.