FLSA-impacted employees receive letters, training underway
Progress continues with Iowa State's implementation of the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime regulations, which go into effect Dec. 1. Here's a look at the latest developments:
- Letters were delivered by Nov. 1 to all supervisors of newly nonexempt professional and scientific staff
- FLSA online training for both newly nonexempt employees and their supervisors launched Nov. 1 on Learn@ISU. Training must be completed by Nov. 27.
- Additional tools and resources, including guidelines, forms and toolkits, will be published on university human resources' FLSA website later this week
Questions, comments or concerns about the FLSA changes may be emailed to UHR classification and compensation.
- Training sessions for FLSA-impacted employees begin Nov. 1, Oct. 27, 2016
- Key FLSA dates, timelines established, Oct. 20, 2016
- ISU leaders continue FLSA discussions, decisions, Oct. 13, 2016
- Where to find out about more FLSA changes, Oct. 6, 2016
- New overtime regulations go into effect Dec. 1, Sept. 29, 2016