Open change period for ISU Plan is Nov. 1-18
Faculty, professional and scientific staff, and supervisory and confidential merit employees may update their ISU Plan benefits during the annual open change period, Nov. 1 (9 a.m.) through Nov. 18 (5 p.m.).
Dates to remember
- Nov. 1 (9 a.m.): Open change period begins; participation statements available on AccessPlus
- Nov. 9 (9-10:30 a.m.): Live webcast
- Nov. 18 (5 p.m.): Open change period ends
- Dec. 2 (9 a.m.): Benefits confirmation statements available on AccessPlus
- Dec. 9 (5 p.m.): Corrections to benefits statements due at 3810 Beardshear
- Jan. 6, 2017 (9 a.m.): Final benefits statements available on AccessPlus
The 2017 ISU Plan medical (PPO and HMO) and dental benefits remain the same as 2016, with no price increases. To review current costs and coverages, visit the benefits page on the university human resources (UHR) website.
How to make changes
ISU Plan participants may change their medical, dental, flexible spending and Avesis coverage online through AccessPlus. Some changes may require paper forms, which are available on the benefits website or through UHR (294-4800). Make no changes and your benefits will remain the same for 2017. However, it's a good idea to review your benefits and beneficiaries, even if you make no changes. Contact the UHR service center, 294-4800, with questions about how to alter your benefits online.
UHR is holding a live, interactive webcast for ISU Plan participants on Nov. 9 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. To participate, log on, type your name under the "Enter as Guest" heading, then select "Enter Room." If you're unable to view the webcast live, a recording will be available on the UHR benefits bulletin board following the presentation.