Leath announces Veishea task force
President Steven Leath has announced the members of a task force to study the future of Veishea in the aftermath of the event's suspension for 2014.
Leath has asked senior vice president for student affairs Tom Hill to chair the task force, which will study Veishea and assess its role and relevance for the future. Hill is working to schedule the first meeting and says he will ask the group to provide recommendations to Leath before the end of June.
"After I receive the task force's report, I will review those recommendations with city and campus leadership before making a decision," Leath said.
In addition to chairman Hill, members of the task force include:
- Pamela Anthony, Dean of Students
- Ann Campbell, Mayor of Ames
Bob Currie, director of facilities services, facilities planning and management
(P&S employee representative)
- Chuck Cychosz, chief of police, Ames Police Department
- Karl Kerns, 2014 Veishea general co-chair, senior in animal science
- Hillary Kletscher, 2014-15 Government of the Student Body president, junior in biological systems engineering
- Warren Madden, senior vice president for business and finance
- Sophia Magill, 2005 Iowa State alumna, assistant director of federal relations, 2004 GSB president (Magill served on executive committee of the 2004 Veishea task force)
- Nick Morton, 2014 Veishea general co-chair, senior in environmental science
- Micheal Owen, University Professor of agronomy, Faculty Senate representative and Veishea Advisory Council member
- Eric Peterson, 2007 Iowa State alumnus, 2006 Veishea general co-chair (the year Veishea was reinstated)
- Melissa Pierce, general manager, Campustown Property Management
- Barbara Pleasants, adjunct assistant professor of ecology, evolution and organismal biology, co-president of the South Campus Neighborhood Association
- Richard Reynolds, director of the Memorial Union and Veishea adviser
- Jerry Stewart, ISU police chief and director of the department of public safety
- Dwayne Vande Krol, JD, CPA, 1993 Iowa State alumnus, 2009-10 ISU Alumni Association board chair
- Pam White, College of Human Sciences dean and University Professor of food science and human nutrition
- Jeff Woody, graduate student in biomedical sciences, co-president of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee
Ex-officio, nonvoting member:
- Paul Tanaka, University Counsel
More information and updates from the task force will be provided at www.news.iastate.edu as it becomes available.