Search begins for next business dean
The search for the next dean of the College of Business is under way. Senior vice president and provost Jonathan Wickert has identified an 18-member search committee to seek a successor to Labh Hira, who retired in March and currently serves as interim president of the Iowa State University Foundation.
Search committee co-chairs are Dawn Bratsch-Prince, associate provost for academic personnel and chief diversity officer; and Pamela White, dean of the College of Human Sciences. Ruth Caccia-Birch, administrative specialist in the provost’s office, will assist the committee with its work.
Michael Crum, professor and Ruan Chair in Supply Chain Management, is serving as interim Raisbeck Endowed Dean of the College of Business.
Additional members of the search committee include:
- Sanjeev Agarwal, professor of marketing
- Jennifer Blackhurst, Walker Professor in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and associate professor of supply chain management
- Steve Carter, director, Iowa State University Research Park and Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship
- Joli Coil, president, MBA Association, and graduate student in business administration
- Arnold Cowan, Wells Fargo Professor in Finance
- Brenda Cushing, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Aviva USA
- Pol Herrmann, John and Deborah Ganoe Professor in Business and professor of management
- Qing Hu, Union Pacific Professor in Information Systems and associate dean for graduate programs, College of Business
- Helen Jensen, professor of economics and head of the food and nutrition policy division at the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development
- Diane Janvrin, Mark and Pam Fisher Fellow in Accounting and associate professor of accounting
- Ric Jurgens, former chairman and chief executive officer, Hy-Vee Inc.
- David Kingland, president and chief executive officer, Kingland Systems Corp.
- Sekar Raju, Gerald and Margaret Pint Fellowship and associate professor of marketing
- Steven Schuler, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
- Spencer Vore, president, Business Council, and senior in accounting
- Kathy Wieland, director, Career Services, College of Business
The committee will start its work immediately, and is in the process of retaining a search firm to assist in identifying candidates. Nominations for the position may be submitted to Bratsch-Prince (email@example.com) or White (firstname.lastname@example.org).