Below is a list of college and university events to open the new academic year. If we missed yours, please send a note and we'll add it.
- Aug. 17, 8:30-11 a.m., College of Human Sciences, fall welcome event, LeBaron Hall auditorium
- Aug. 17, 5:30 p.m., Ivy College of Business, annual faculty and staff picnic, Brookside Park, 1325 Sixth St.
- Aug. 18, 11:30 a.m.-noon, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, ice cream social for college faculty and staff, patio east of Curtiss Hall (Harl Commons if weather threatens)
- Aug. 28, 2 p.m., College of Veterinary Medicine, convocation, Ramsey classroom, 2532 Patterson
- Aug. 30, 5:30-7:30 pm., College of Design, convocation with faculty awards, hors d'oeurves reception follows, Speer Room, Reiman Gardens
- Sept. 7, 11 a.m., College of Engineering, box lunch, dean's welcome and presentation of awards and honors for faculty and staff, Howe Hall auditorium
- Sept. 7, 3:30-5:30 p.m., College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, MU Sun Room, fall convocation and presentation of the college's faculty and staff awards
- Sept. 20, 3:30 p.m., University Awards Ceremony, MU Great Hall, honoring recipients of university awards, state Board of Regents excellence awards for faculty and staff, and faculty members promoted as Distinguished, University and Morrill professors