Iowa State will fund a first round of annual projects that further bring to life the university's 2022-31 strategic plan. To be considered for funding for the fiscal year that begins July 1, faculty and staff must submit their project proposals by 5 p.m. Friday, April 28, via the strategic plan website. Senior advisor to the president Sophia Magill said decisions made by Iowa State's senior leadership team about funded proposals are anticipated by the end of June.
Proposals should align with one or more of the strategic plan's statements of aspiration and "have the potential to move Iowa State forward in transformational ways," she said.
What's in a submission?
A project proposal will include these components:
- Project title and executive summary
- Project leader
- Other team members (if applicable)
- Alignment with 'To Be' statements in the strategic plan
- Project goal(s) and objective(s), and the approach to achieving them
- Budget: resources template and narrative
- Impact, return on investment
- Success metrics
- Partnerships, whether internal or external
Where to find answers
An FAQ on the strategic plan website provides helpful information about the submittal process, and Magill provided additional information during a series of March campus forums and webinar (recording available in CyBox). Questions also may be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (294-2042) to Magill. Requestors are advised to review the online proposal form in advance and be prepared to complete it in one sitting; the system doesn't save partial entries.