The committee tasked with finding the next director of the office of institutional research (IR) has selected five finalists for the position. The candidates will interview on campus this month, and their schedules will include a 45-minute open forum with the campus community during which they'll discuss their vision for institutional research.
The five finalists are:
- Amanda DeGraff, senior analyst and assistant director of institutional research, Iowa State
- Chris Feit, director of institutional research, Loras College, Dubuque
- Kathy Felts, associate director of research activities and myVITA coordinator, office of the provost, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Alicia Knoedler, consultant on research development and leadership; former executive associate vice president for research, University of Oklahoma, Norman
- Dale Pietrzak, institutional effectiveness and accreditation officer, office of the vice president for academic affairs/provost, University of Idaho, Moscow
- Feb. 15, 3150 Beardshear: Pietrzak
- Feb. 18, 2030 Morrill: Feit
- Feb. 20, 3150 Beardshear: DeGraff
- Feb. 22, MU Cardinal Room: Felts
- Feb. 25, MU Oak Room: Knoedler
Associate vice president for research Surya Mallapragada chairs the six-member search committee. Academic Career and Executive Search, Hartford, Connecticut, is assisting with the search.
Former IR director Gebre Tesfagiorgis retired in June 2016 and interim director Sandra Gahn retired in November. Since then, former associate vice president for student affairs and registrar Kathy Jones has been serving as interim director.
Institutional research director search has begun, Dec. 6, 2018