We're six days into the celebration, but some of ISU Homecoming's strongest traditions are yet to come. Here are a few highlights from the next few days:
Friday, Oct. 26
- 1:15 p.m., ISU Alumni Association's 87th annual honors and awards ceremony, includes college-specific awards, Benton Auditorium, Scheman, and livestreamed on the alumni association's website, reception follows.
- 4-6 p.m., Happy hour, Alumni Center.
- 4-8 p.m. CYlent auction, which supports student scholarships, Alumni Center (also during Oct. 27 tailgate), online bidding continues through 12 a.m. Oct. 28.
- 6-9 p.m., Pep rally, features ISU coaches and student athletes and final performances of the student "Yell Like Hell" spirit competition, Alumni Center. Homecoming button holders can enjoy two complimentary slices of pizza and a bottle of soda or water during the pep rally.
- 8-10 p.m., Excytement in the Streets, self-tour of lawn displays and parade floats from Sunday afternoon's parade, Greek neighborhood west of the Alumni Center.
- 11 p.m.-1 a.m., Pancake feed ($3), central campus.
- Midnight, Mass campaniling under a fireworks show, central campus.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- 8-10:30 a.m., Cyclone Central tailgate, giveaways, games, step show by the marching band, shopping with ISU Book Store, cash bar and food trucks with items for purchase, Alumni Center.
- 11 a.m., Kickoff, Football, ISU vs. Texas Tech, tickets ($35-$70) may be purchased online via Ticketmaster, Jack Trice Stadium.