More ways than one to support United Way
As a campus community, Iowa State has a goal of raising $415,000 in cash and pledges by Dec. 1 for the United Way of Story County.
Human Sciences dean Laura Jolly is the chair of the campus campaign, with associate provost for faculty Dawn Bratsch-Prince serving as chair for leadership gifts. They're assisted by employee volunteers across the university.
One way units are able to hit their mark is through fundraising initiatives opened to the wider campus community. Below is a short list of what Inside staff have compiled to date. Send us your United Way fundraising event and we'll add it it to the list.
- Division of Student Affairs, open through 5 p.m. Oct. 5
- College of Human Sciences, open through noon Oct. 5
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 8 a.m. Sept. 28-3 p.m. Oct. 6
- University Services and Finance divisions, noon Oct. 3-noon Oct. 9
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 8 a.m. Oct. 8-4 p.m. Oct. 11
- Yoga, Sept. 28 (noon, mind and body room, State Gym), free-will donations accepted, limit 25 attendees
- 9th annual College of Agriculture and Life Sciences book sale, Oct. 4 (10 a.m.-2 p.m., two locations: ground floor rotunda, Curtiss Hall; and Molecular Biology atrium), Oct. 5 (8 a.m.-2 p.m., Curtiss location only)
- Ames Laboratory tailgate, bake sale and bag toss contest, Oct. 5 (11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 301 Spedding)
- Craft night, hosted by student affairs division, Oct. 8 (5:30-8:30 p.m., MU Maintenance Shop)
- College of Veterinary Medicine "Junk Jaunt" and silent auction, Nov. 1 (11 a.m.-5:30 p.m.) and Nov. 2 (8:30-10:30 a.m.), Alumni Room, Vet Med