Save the date: Wintersteen installation is set for Sept. 21
President Wendy Wintersteen will be formally installed as the 16th president of Iowa State University on Friday, Sept. 21. The installation ceremony is scheduled for 10 a.m. (tentative) in Stephens Auditorium, to be followed by a reception. The university community will be invited.
An installation planning committee has begun its work, led by Olivia Madison, professor emerita and dean emerita of library services. Other committee members include:
- Carole Custer, director, university marketing
- Laura Doering, associate vice president, student affairs
- Michael Golemo, professor, music and theatre
- Ingrid Lilligren, professor and chair, art and visual culture
- John McCarroll, executive director, university relations
- Student representatives to be identified
The committee will keep the campus informed as planning continues. Formal campus invitations, as well as specific requests for representatives and delegates for the installation’s academic procession, will be sent later this spring.
An installation website will be developed to share new information on the events. Suggestions or questions regarding the installation may be directed to Madison or assistant to the president Shirley Knipfel, 294-1781.