Search for university human resources VP begins
The committee searching for the next vice president for university human resources hopes to bring candidates to campus for interviews by late spring.
University counsel Michael Norton and Liberal Arts and Sciences dean Beate Schmittmann lead the eight-member search committee.
Schmittmann encouraged faculty and staff to suggest candidates for the position.
"We've engaged Parker Executive Search to assist in our recruiting," she said. "But we'd also like to enlist the help of our valued university community to identify candidates."
Names should be submitted as soon as possible to the search firm. The job posting notes that, while applications will be accepted until the position is filled, only those received by Feb. 10 will be assured full consideration.
Porsha Williams, vice president
Mitchel Bonds, associate
Parker Executive Search
5 Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770-804-1996,ext. 113
- Michael Norton, university counsel, co-chair
- Beate Schmittmann, dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, co-chair
- Dawn Bratsch-Prince, associate provost for faculty
- Tim Day, Faculty Senate president-elect and biomedical sciences professor
- Kathy Dobbs, controller
- Margo Foreman, director, equal opportunity office
- Kate Gregory, senior vice president for university services
- Clayton Johnson, president, Professional and Scientific Council, and academic adviser in engineering student services
Kristi Darr, director of human resources, is serving as interim vice president for university human resources. The VP post previously was held by Julie Nuter, who resigned last summer to accept a position with Argonne National Laboratory near Chicago.