Ten Iowa State faculty members received special awards for the 2015-16 academic year. Three faculty each have been named Distinguished and University Professor, and four have been named Morrill Professor. They, along with other university and regent award recipients, will be honored Sept. 21 at the annual faculty and staff awards ceremony.
The Distinguished Professorship recognizes exemplary performance in research or creative activities as reflected by a national or international reputation in the faculty member's discipline. Recipients receive a $6,500 increase to their base salaries and retain the title for the remainder of their Iowa State careers.
Charles F. Curtiss Distinguished Professor in Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Stephen Howell, professor of genetics, development and cell biology
Distinguished Professor in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Daniel Nettleton, Laurence H. Baker Chair in Biological Statistics and professor of statistics
Anson Marston Distinguished Professor in Engineering
- Brent Shanks, Mike and Jean Steffenson Professor of chemical and biological engineering
The University Professorship recognizes faculty members whose professional work has resulted in positive, significant institutional change, beyond a one-time impact. Recipients receive a $6,000 increase to their base salaries and retain the title for the remainder of their Iowa State careers.
- Drena Dobbs, professor of genetics, development and cell biology
- Derrick Rollins, professor of chemical and biological engineering and of statistics
- Diane Rover, professor of electrical and computer engineering
The Morrill Professorship recognizes faculty members with outstanding success in teaching and learning in undergraduate, graduate or extension/outreach programs. They join Iowa State's Morrill Academy for Teaching and Learning, where they will share their expertise with other faculty. Recipients receive a $6,000 increase to their base salaries and retain the title for the remainder of their Iowa State careers.
- Kristen Constant, Wilkinson Professor in Interdisciplinary Engineering and chair, materials science and engineering
- James Noxon, professor of veterinary clinical services
- Craig Ogilvie, professor of physics and astronomy
- Brad Shrader, University Professor of management