On July 1, the Farm House Museum on central campus closed for planned upgrades. When the museum reopens in mid- to late fall, visitors will notice several changes.
Staff in the university's carpentry shop will remove and restore all of the house's historic windows. They will replace the deteriorating wood casings and rope lift system, and reglaze and repaint the windows themselves.
Additionally, new historic-reproduction wallpaper that's more reflective of the time period of the Farm House will be installed in the dining room, library and first- and second-floor hallways.
When these projects are completed, museum staff will reinstall the furnishings of the historic home to provide a fresh curatorial view of life from approximately 1860 to 1910.