Three finalists will interview on campus yet this month for Iowa State's director of admissions post. The names and curricula vitae of the finalists will be available on the senior vice president for student affairs website later this week.
Their interviews will include an open forum with the university community. A tentative forum schedule follows:
- Tuesday, April 22, 11 a.m., MU Gallery
- Thursday, April 24, 3:30 p.m., MU Gold Room
- Wednesday, April 30, 10 a.m., MU Gold Room
A candidate evaluation form, for those who attend a forum and want to submit comments on a finalist, also will be available online by April 22.
A nine-member search committee, chaired by International Students and Scholars director James Dorsett and assisted by the search firm of Spelman and Johnson, has been working since February. The search committee conducted telephone interviews with semifinalists earlier this month. The intent is to announce the next director of admissions in May, with a start date to be negotiated.
Darin Wohlgemuth, who leads Iowa State's enrollment research team, has served as interim director of admissions since July 2012. Former director Marc Harding resigned to take a position at the University of Pittsburgh.
Joining Dorsett on the search committee are:
- Diane Beckman, director of university information systems in information technology services
- Pam Cain, associate vice president for business and finance
- Carole Custer, director of university marketing
- Carmen Flagge, coordinator in the Office of Precollegiate Programs for Talented and Gifted
- David Holger, associate provost and dean of the Graduate College
- Spencer Hughes, past president of the Government of the Student Body
- Roberta Johnson, director of student financial aid
- Stephanie Salasek, associate director of admissions