Honors and awards
Bix book receives research award
Associate history professor Amy Bix's book on women's access to engineering education has received the Betty Vetter Award for Research from the Women in Engineering ProActive Network. Girls Coming to Tech!: A History of American Engineering Education for Women was published this year by MIT Press.
Communications staff receive ACE Awards
The following College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and ISU Extension and Outreach communications staff have received ACE awards (Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences):
- Barb McBreen and Brian Meyer received the gold award for promotional writing for the displays in the Monsanto Student Services wing and the Brenton Center wing of Curtiss Hall.
- McBreen, Meyer and Scott Helms of PUSH Branding and Design received the silver award for graphic design (exhibits) for the same displays.
- Melea Licht received the silver award for graphic design (print one to full color) for the fall 2013 issue of “STORIES in Agriculture and Life Science.”
- McBreen received the bronze award for script writing for the “It’s About Life” video, originally used for the Iowa Hall of Fame agriculture exhibit.
- Jane Lenahan and Carol Ouverson of ISU Extension and Outreach received the bronze award for publishing (one to full-color popular publications) for the 2013 garden calendar.
- Lenahan and Ouverson also received the silver award for diversity in targeted publications.